Welcome, you are probably already a fan, participant, devote', or just a plain out and out crazy for "THE WORLD"S GREATEST HOBBY". Otherwise you would be reading a hot rod magazine or watching a football game on television right now. Not that we may also enjoy those pastimes or passions as well.
As we all know, before there was TV in virtually every American home, and before any one thought of chopping a Model A and throwing 3 twos on the old flat head, there were model trains. Your interest may be casual, as a club member, hardcore ("Honey, I've moved the car out of the garage forever") type, or actually make a living, full or part time by marketing / selling model trains, equipment, accessories, electronics, or a host of other aligned products.
Well, we have a place for you. In just four short years, The Redwood Empire Train Show has become one of the main stays of such events in Northern California. What makes this show unique is it's partnership with another successful consumer event: The Sonoma County Fall Home Show.
The Fall Home Show has been presented for the past 18 years at the beautiful Sonoma County Fairgrounds. It is a companion event to our successful Home & Garden Show now enjoying it's 25th year run in March 2013.
The beauty of this partnership is ten fold:
• Combined Home and Train Shows collectively draw thousand of attendees each year.
• Shows compliment one another, both attracting more upscale homeowners and families.
• Timing is perfect, as the leaves start turning and folks focus more on indoor activities.
• Facility is very user friendly with convenient freeway access and close in & out parking.
• Home show powered advertising budget, includes radio, TV, newspaper, billboards.
• Train and hobby stores in 13 counties distribute Train Show posters and flyers.
• Big 3 national monthly railroad hobby magazines are covered with event listings.
• Finer food concessions are personally selected to insure no fair food hangover
• Exhibitors are treated to a complimentary continental breakfast on Saturday and Sunday.
• Three day parking is free for exhibitors, plus drive in or close to door setup / breakdown.
There are probably more, but you get the idea … this show is a must for presenting your layout and / or selling your products.
We are pleased to have the support of many regions, clubs, and individual members of the NMRA, The Redwood Empire Region, and The Redwood Empire Garden Railway Society as they continue to be valued partners in this popular annual event.
And if that's not enough … a real strong feature every year is the participation of The Redwood Empire Live Steamers They run both their steam and diesel trains in Shade Park behind the main (Grace) pavilion for attendees to ride on all three days of the show to packed crowds.
But perhaps the biggest draw is the fact that the consumer gets into to see both Shows for only one low admission price and kids 12 and under are admitted Free with a paying adult.
The Fall Sonoma
runs in conjunction with the Redwood
Empire Train Show adding a new
dimension of fun and interest.
click here for more information
© 2012 Sonoma County Home Shows