Welcome, to one of life's truly fun experiences. The Redwood Empire Train Show has become one of the largest and most popular model railroad events in northern California There is nothing quite like seeing a kid's face light up the first time when they enter our 26,000 sq. ft. Train Show. TALK ABOUT EXCITING!
Whether boy or girl, age 4, age 35, or seasoned senior, everyone loves model trains.
WHY? Because it hits EVERYONE of your SENSES:
• VISUAL impact of beautiful scenic layouts from large G scale to tiny briefcase size Z scale.
• HEAR the sounds of steam and diesel whistles, plus bells, crossing guard warnings, etc.
• SMELL the steam from the new most innovative locomotives of various model vintages.
• TOUCH (with permission) many of the antique, collectible, or contemporary model trains.
• WRAP your brain around all of the hi-tech computerized controls and wireless technologies.
• IMAGINE the thrill and drama of by gone days with Club Layouts from America's history.
• REMEMBER your youth with names like Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and more.
• LEARN about the latest models and products from all around the world.
• FIND that elusive video, accessory, novelty, publication, rolling stock, or complete layout.
With a dozen widely varied layouts from regional clubs and private collectors and the 50 plus exhibit booths, there is plenty to see, do, purchase, or even sell a prized piece or two.
And if that's not enough … come join us in Shade Park behind the main (Grace) pavilion for a REAL TRAIN RIDE. Yes, The Redwood Empire Live Steamers will once again bring both their steam and diesel trains for you to ride all three days of the show.
We are pleased to have the support of many regions, clubs, and individual members of the National Model Railroad Association. The Redwood Empire Region (NMRA) and The Redwood Empire Garden Railway Society continue to be valued partners in this popular annual event.
Experience "THE WORLD"S GREATEST HOBBY" with us. As a partner event with the 18th Annual Sonoma County Fall Home Show, your single admission price gets you into both great family events.
The Fall Sonoma
runs in conjunction with the Redwood
Empire Train Show adding a new
dimension of fun and interest.
click here for more information
© 2012 Sonoma County Home Shows